Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pacing Myself




Well things are happening. Sporadically. Some days I feel as though we are on top of things and other times a whole week goes by and I don’t see any progress.

Theo has been going in circles with the dam wind generator. He’s built a sample one to scale from instructions on the internet. He has cut the blades out of PVC piping, attached them to a disk which is attached to the end of a pole and there’s a motor stuck on as well. It spins like mad in the wind but it pumps out 1 amp so it’s back to the drawing board. Unfortunately his knowledge of electricity doesn’t cut it but he’s made a few trips to the helpful people at Outdoor Warehouse and he scans the internet about volts and watts and amps. It’s become clear that I won’t be able to use my hairdryer on the bus since it uses 2000W. No biggie - I’ll miss the coffee peculator much more and I’m looking forward to lots of braai’s and outdoor cooking.

I seem to be doing the paperwork and phone call side of things which I can do at work while Theo does the more hands on type of stuff.

My priority is to find a house for Kyro, our son, and his college buddies. I spend my time on the phone to estate agents and to people who are interested in buying our unwanted stuff. Evenings are filled with packing stuff which is sorted and labeled “bus” or “mom’s house” or “Kyro’s house”. No time for partying. I still haven’t found a bike for myself yet and Theo’s bike still isn’t sold.

Oh well, one day at a time.

No comments:

Please Support Our Cause